Finance Focus Group
June 2019 Finance Focus Group Report
· Parish finances for May still in credit and looking on track to break even for the year
· St Michael’s spire repairs – likely finance focus group will need to co-ordinate fundraising for this. Joan to discuss with diocese and get list of possible funding sources. Working on needing $15,000.
· St Michael’s paddock – should this be sold? Neighbour has expressed interest in purchasing it. David to sound out Doug Smith (valuer) and Chris to order a Certificate of Title
· St Peter’s roof cleaning – Property focus group to be asked to organize quotes with a view to incorporating this into next year’s budget – aim for work to be done late summer, say March 2020?
· St Peter’s Glebe – Joan has had conversation with Stephanie from Waiapu Kids raising question as to whether they would have access to funding for outdoor education (or similar) and so could make parish a payment for use of Glebe on Thursdays. Was quite clear this was a discussion not a rent demand!
· St Peter’s driveway funding in hand and quotes from Higgins have been accepted by the Diocese.
· Some discussion on complex presentation of accounts from Diocese. Joan to check whether there will be any presentation from Diocesan accounts at Regional Conference next month.